Article Marketing - Why You Should Jump on the Bandwagon Today
Have you noticed that writing and publishing articles has come full circle? During the nineties, many of the internet marketing experts recommended that writing articles was a good way to get traffic to your website.
It worked. And it worked well.
However, fashion changes. And, as time passed by, other marketing ideas become more trendy, like email marketing. Then affiliate marketing. Then mini-sites. Then niche marketing.
In truth, article marketing never went away. But many internet marketers forgot to use it as part of their marketing mix.
Today, article marketing is once again flavour of the month. In fact, if you care to believe the current hype, you could be excused for thinking that article marketing is like finding the end of the internet money making rainbow.
There are five solid reasons why you should use article marketing to promote your site. The great news is that these five points have been proven time after time over the years.
1. Get new, targeted traffic to visit your website as your article gets published in some of the thousands of directories, article banks and ezines. The more exposure your article receives the greater chance of readers clicking through to your website from your resource box link. Depending on your marketing objectives, this will give you the opportunity to gain more subscribers to your ezine, make more sales from your website and earn increased revenue from affiliate product sales and from ads such as Adsense.
2. Links from article directory and article bank sites with high page ranks are spidered more frequently than your site. Your link on these sites will therefore also get crawled. What this means is that an article you write can appear in the search engines within days of you submitting it to article directories and banks.
3. Improve your own website page ranking in search engines due to the increased number of link to your site from publishers of your article. Better page ranking helps to move your site further up search engine results which in turn results in more traffic to your site.
4. Build your personal credibility in your chosen market as you become recognised as an expert via your articles. More credibility increases trust, and will improve your direct sales volumes. You will also be able to offer higher valued products and you will be better placed to participate in joint ventures with fellow internet marketers.
5. Articles are a both a fast and slow burn marketing device. Fast, because immediate publication in ezines and newsletters could give you an instant traffic boost. Slow, because articles are permanent. People looking for information on search engines use keywords, and if these are relevant to your article it could be returned in searches for months and years after you wrote it.
You know it makes sense!
Brian McGregor is an internet and eBay entrepreneur. He is owner of Article-Park, an article bank devoted to articles about buying and selling on eBay. Submit your eBay article free to http://www.article-bank.com